The clock faces were taken away in September, 2017, for a major restoration project at the clockmakers. The clock was built by J Smith & Sons of Derby in 1893, and this is the first major refurbishment of the faces. Work will include cleaning and shot blasting the copper-backed cast iron faces back to base metal, replacing the back and repainting them their original colours of black and gold, and applying gold leaf. They were back in place by the end of November.

Powered by Church Edit