Home > History > Themes through the years > Church grounds through the years

Church grounds through the years

Church grounds

Much has happened since the church was built in 1863 and the links below lead to pages describing the historical records of the church grounds, including the churchyard. 

The churchyard The churchyard

Until 2016 November
The churchyard through the years

The picture on the right shows the churchyard in 1921.

From 2016 November
2017 January: The copper beech, on the corner of St James's Road and Park Road, became unsafe after being attacked by a giant fungus. As it was close to a busy road and pavement the council decided that it would have to be felled. Find out more on the page A sad farewell to the beech tree (2017 January).
 
The church hall 1993 building the hall

Until 2016 November

The church hall through the years
The picture on the right shows the church hall being built in 1993.

The vicarage through the years